Alfalfa benefits show it to be a medicinal herb that is known for its amazing ability to promote healing and balance in many different ailments. Known as the “father of all foods”, the herb is an excellent source of several vitamins, minerals, and vital nutrients. In this article, we take a look at the top twelve health benefits of this amazing herb.
1. Alfalfa is a very potent herbal anti inflammatory agent. It helps to inhibit inflammation and lowers the risk of inflammatory disorders like asthma, autoimmune diseases, hypersensitivity, arthritis, and inflammatory bowel diseases.
2. It is rich in saponins, a group of compounds known for their ability to decrease serum cholesterol. These compounds bind themselves with cholesterol to decrease its absorption, thereby ensuring it does not get deposited on blood vessel walls. So, a regular dose of the herb can help you prevent atherosclerosis and heart problems.
3. It helps to balance blood sugar levels. It contains manganese, an element known for its hypoglycemic properties.
4. It can naturally support healing of peptic ulcers, gastritis, and colitis. It contains Vitamin U, which is known for its ability to heal intestinal ulcers.
5. It is a diuretic. It stimulates your body to expel water and relieves edema (swelling caused by excess water retention). It is used for natural support in kidney, bladder, and prostate problems.
6. It contains an amino acid named L-canavanine, which is a very active anti-cancer agent. It reduces the risk of colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, and leukemia to a great extent.
7. Alfalfa benefits your health by boosting your immune system. It stimulates the activity of natural killer cells like T-lymphocytes and interferons and increases your bodyÕs natural resistance against various diseases.
8. It contains a number of essential enzymes that help your body to digest proteins, starches, fats, and sugars properly. It also stimulates your appetite.
9. It protects your body from bacterial and fungal infections. It contains triterpene glycosides, which are known for their anti-microbial properties.
10. It is a rich source of plant estrogens called phytoestrogens, which are known to increase bone density and support bone formation. These compounds treat hot flashes, menopause, PMS, and other related problems. They also reduce the risk of osteoporosis and fibrocystic breast tumors significantly.
11. The herb, as noted before, is a powerful herbal anti inflammatory agent. It is full of active antioxidants that help protect against DNA damage and premature aging. They promote healthy skin and hair.
12. It may help to stimulate brain function, cleanses the blood, boosts circulation, and has a positive effect on your overall health.
Adding Alfalfa to Your Diet
A regular dose of alfalfa benefits your health, nourishes your vital organs, and helps you stay active and healthy for a long time. So, it is advisable to make it a part of your everyday diet. The best way to do so is to start taking an herbal supplement that contains alfalfa.
For best results, you can take a high quality natural supplement that contains powerful herbs like alfalfa, milk thistle, and ginkgo biloba and a combination of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and other vital nutrients.
We at anti inflammatory herbs.org have years of experience in reseaching and using nutritional supplements, We recommend the multivitamin formula produced by Xtend Life natural products of New Zealand. Their multivitamin, Total Balance is manufactured to the highest GMP standards within the supplement industry.
Total Balance contains alfalfa and other important herbal extracts, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and many other nutrients which are important for overall health like beta-carotene, lycopene and many more – over 75 other powerful vitamins and nutrients which work together to support optimal health and specifically eye health.
* Herbal extracts like alfalfa, green tea and tumeric
* Vitamin D and Enzymes like amylase, lipase and more
* Minerals like magnesium, selenium, calcium, zinc and potassium
* Trace elements
* over 75 different nutrients
Instead of taking what may amount to handfuls of pills every day and spending hundreds of dollars a month on various supplements, another option is to take a high quality multi vitamin like Xtend-Life’s Total Balance.
Alfalfa is a highly potent herbal anti inflammatory agent that can help to address a wide range of health problems and promote health and vitality. So, make it a part of your regular diet today.